Acting Navy secretary apologizes for scathing criticism of fired captain in speech to aircraft carrier crew - Creak News

real time news...

Acting Navy secretary apologizes for scathing criticism of fired captain in speech to aircraft carrier crew

Share This

modlyUS Navy

  • Acting Secretary of the Navy Thomas Modly apologized for criticizing the former captain of the aircraft carrier USS Theodore Roosevelt in remarks to the crew.
  • "I want to apologize to the Navy for my recent comments to the crew of the TR," Modly said in a statement.
  • "Let me be clear, I do not think Captain Brett Crozier is naive nor stupid," he added. "I think, and always believed him to be the opposite. We pick our carrier commanding officers with great care. Captain Crozier is smart and passionate."
  • Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.

In a reversal from a statement earlier in the day, Acting Secretary of the Navy Thomas Modly apologized for criticizing Capt. Brett Crozier, former commanding officer of the aircraft carrier USS Theodore Roosevelt, in remarks to the crew.

"I want to apologize to the Navy for my recent comments to the crew of the TR," Modly said in a statement Monday night.

See the rest of the story at Business Insider

See Also:



from Business Insider https://ift.tt/2UMZJUB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages